It can be unnerving and even devastating to see your child or young adult struggle, whether it is academically, socially, emotionally, behaviorally or with lack of motivation and life purpose. Parents want answers so their son or daughter can overcome challenges and reach their potential.
At Morgan Guidance Services, our first step is to listen so as to fully understand the needs of your family. We don’t make recommendations or create plans for our young clients until we have a comprehensive profile of the student or young adult. I want to know the whole story, what has been tried in the past, what worked and what didn’t.
Only after I have listened and fully understand your situation, will I make recommendations. Together, we will create a plan of action that meets your expectations and targets the young person’s unique strengths and needs.
Thank you for taking time to read this note. I know you are busy. Your time is valuable, and a struggling child of any age compounds the everyday pressures of life. My website is full of information and addresses many common concerns. Please feel free to call me with questions that are specific to your situation. I look forward to getting to know you and assisting you in finding solutions for your family.
Let’s create a plan, together.
Why Parents (and Grandparents) Hire a Consultant
- Time is of the essence. Your child’s future is or may be at risk. I save you valuable time by expertly evaluating your needs and quickly identifying a course of action. You can receive the best help in the right setting as soon as possible so your child or young adult is speedily back on track and moving forward in school or life.
- I am a professional. I assist you in navigating the unfamiliar world of schools and treatment programs. Just as one would hire any professional (attorney, accountant, financial advisor) for help navigating the murky waters of highly specialized services, parents hire us as a consulting professional when they want to ensure they make a well-informed decision for a child.
- I am a specialist. I have extensive knowledge of the myriad of educational, vocational and therapeutic resources. I will be at your side to answer all your questions. We custom match needs with the appropriate local or distant services including comprehensive assessment, specialized schools, outdoor education/wilderness program, counseling, psychiatric stabilization, residential treatment, detox and substance abuse treatment and more.
- Guiding families in my niche. I will give you a short, prescreened and highly customized list of the best possible options for your consideration. A dedicated parent could spend untold stress filled hours researching, visiting and talking to an endless list of schools and programs and still be confused about the options. I walk you through the admission process and stay on your team throughout the entire treatment time.
- I maximize your investment. Superior schools and treatment programs can be costly and families often make considerable sacrifice to help a son or daughter. Tuition or treatment dollars are often hastily spent without sound advice and are wasted on a poorly matched setting with ineffective methods. Sadly, a poor choice further perpetuates the cycle of trouble and failure. As a consultant, I maximize your investment for success by identifying optimal settings with effective methods that are tailored to your loved one’s unique needs.
- I calm the chaos. Our parent support is second to none. I am available as a brainstorming partner and a sounding board as you process your situation and changing needs. Decisions are complicated and your family is going through a lot. We understand, and you are not alone.
- We will offer nonjudgmental support for parents and educate you about your child’s issues; and
- You will feel relief and hope, gaining a clearer understanding about how to help those issues.
- We will demystify the world of academic and treatment options; and
- You will gain confidence in your decisions for your child’s future.
- We will monitor your child’s progress, defining and tracking markers of success; and
- You will have more time for your own health, important relationships and other responsibilities.
- Finally, we will stay with you through the entire process from beginning to end, calming the chaos and nurturing hope.